Dear Coyote Band members and parents,
Good afternoon! We’re very excited about last week’s performance. We feel like we’ve got momentum moving into this week, our first contest week!!! I sent out an email with the schedule for this Saturday last week. Please refer to that for the itinerary for Saturday, and please understand that this may be a 2 performance day, once in prelims at 12:15 pm, and once in the evening whenever the contest tells us we’re performing. FOR THIS CONTEST I HAVE 19 TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR PARENT VOLUNTEERS! The itinerary for Friday is on page 2.
••• Calling all band parents! We’re run into a snag with our prop assembly/disassembly this year. Mr. Tom Brown and Mr. Pete Gregory have done an AMAZING job building us a winning set of props. However, in
order for us to have those props on the field, we are in need of parents to unload/assemble them, as well as disassemble/load them. We have been trying to use students, but they’re missing a LOT of game time. We will have students able to transport them to their locations once they are unloaded and assembled. We will also have students able to get them back to the truck to be disassembled and loaded.
Mrs. Gregory, booster club president, sends out this link to sign-up and help in some capacity, https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094ba4a622abf58-competitions. There is a “prop help” spot. I would say we need at least 10 parents to make this possible, and easy enough on those that do sign up. PLEASE consider signing up, so our band can continue to have props this year!
• We have a nearly full staff of teachers for private lessons, and are ready to get as many students in lessons as we can! A big thanks to Mrs. Davis for getting this together! Please refer to the email sent out by Mrs. Davis last week, and if you have questions feel free to call or email her or Mr. Wallis.
• Disney – We should be receiving your September payments of $180! Please note, the October payment is due October 18th, two weeks from this Friday. We have hotels locked in, airlines locked in, and are having to pay deposits, so please remember the refund agreement as well.
• GRADES! – We have another grade check in 3 weeks where students can lose eligibility for our most important contest of marching season. The next eligibility goes into effect on the night before UIL Contest. Please help us make sure these students are being responsible and taking care of their
business in the classroom!
• Please be mindful of the band fees that are needing to be paid. We’re fine with payment plans however we need to set them up, but please keep it on your radar.
Join the Anna Band Booster Facebook page to see updates and pics taken at games and competitions, and communicate with other parents. Please note the password to join the Page is Justjoan19. You must also give your student’s name. This page is run by the Band Boosters, and is for current parents and students.
PLEASE JOIN THE COYOTE MARCHING BAND SCHOOLOGY GROUP!
Remind is no longer a district approved form of communication, so we’re trying to phase this out. Please download the Schoology app on your phone, find the groups tab, hit the “+” sign and enter the following code:
If you’re having trouble with this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. She should be able to get you set up.
If you have any questions I am happy to help. You can call or email any time and I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Anna High School Band
10/4/19 – AWAY vs. Paris HS
2255 S Collegiate Dr, Paris, TX 75460
10/4/19 – AWAY vs. Paris HS
3:50 – Meal is served for Game Day Meal participants
4:30 – Inspection block, load, leave for Paris
6:15/6:30 – Arrive at stadium
7:00 – In the stands for warm up, school song at 7:15.
7:30 – Game Begins
10:00 – Approximate Game End, load
10:30 – Leave for Anna
11:45 – Arrive in Anna
12:00 – Go home!
Anna High School Band
• October 4 Paris HS AWAY
• October 5 Bands of America Contest – Pennington Field, Bedford, TX(‘Merica!)
• October 11 Melissa @ Home
• October 12 Don Hanna Memorial Band Contest (All Day Event)
• October 18 Bye Week rehearsal from 4:30 to 7:30 (stadium rehearsal including travel time)
• October 19 UIL Region 25 Marching Contest, McKinney ISD Stadium
• October 25 Celina AWAY
• November 1 Argyle @ Home
• November 8 Sanger AWAY
• November 14-16 POSSIBLE PLAYOFF GAME – Plan on attending
• November 21-23 POSSIBLE PLAYOFF GAME – Plan on attending
• December 9 All-Region Band Auditions, hosted here at Anna High school
• December 12 Christmas Concert
• January 11 Area Auditions – Argyle
• January 17 – 18 All-Region Band clinic and concert, hosted here at Anna High School
• February 8 UIL Solo and Ensemble contest, Rockwall Heath High School
This calendar may not contain every single event that will go on throughout the year. I will be making sure to update you on any changes and/or additions as soon as I am aware.