Dear Coyote Band members and parents,
Good afternoon! We’re looking forward to our first performance at a football game this week as we take on Whitesboro High School here in Anna. The itinerary for this game is on page 2.
We have enough students going to make the Disney trip happen. However, we are going to have to talk about transportation, alternate dates, or something, because our quotes for flights so far have been over 4 times more expensive than the last time I attended Disney. Please be looking for info regarding a meeting about the Disney Trip soon.
The deadline for the Disney form has been extended to the end of the day Monday 26 August. I’ll try to outline the fundraising opportunities available to help some of you make a more informed decision.
• Chocolate Bar Fundraiser – our MS kids made almost 7,000 off of this fundraiser.
• Snap Raise – basically an email donation campaign, designed more for out of town friends and family that may not be able to do any other kind of fundraiser participation.
• The deadline for the Drug Testing form is Friday.
Please follow this link to the Drug Testing Consent Form. This is a form that is required to participate in extracurricular activities:
Drug Testing Form: https://annaisd.rankonesport.com/New/Home.aspx
• The deadline for Band Fee forms has passed, but we still need it to try and get as accurate on sizing of clothing/shoes as we can.
• Anybody without a physical is going to have to attend rehearsal, but sit out until the physical is done.
PLEASE JOIN THE COYOTE MARCHING BAND SCHOOLOGY GROUP! Remind is no longer a district approved form of communication, so we’re trying to phase this out. Please download the Schoology app on your phone, find the groups tab, hit the “+” sign and enter the following code:
If you have any questions I am happy to help. You can call or email any time and I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Anna High School Band
8/30/19 – Home Game vs. Whitesboro
4:00 – Meal is served if you ordered the Game Meals
5:00 – On the grid in hot weather uniform (band shoes, black socks, band shorts, purple Anna Band shirt), this is the uniform for the game this week. We’ll do a run-through WITHOUT instruments.
5:20 – Get instruments packed and get in inspection block (no full uniform this week), load the truck
6:00 – Load the buses
6:15 – Arrive at the Stadium, unload
6:50 – Move to the stands
7:00 – In the stands
7:30 – Game Begins
Anna High School Band
• August 30 Whitesboro @ Home
• September 7 FW Eastern Hills AWAY
• September 13 Van Alstyne AWAY
• September 20 FW Benbrook @ Home
• September 27 Paris North Lamar @ Home
• October 4 Paris HS AWAY
• October 5 Bands of America Contest – Pennington Field, Bedford, TX(‘Merica!)
• October 11 Melissa @ Home
• October 12 Don Hanna Memorial Band Contest (All Day Event)
• October 18 Bye Week rehearsal from 4:30 to 7:30 (stadium rehearsal including travel time)
• October 19 UIL Region 25 Marching Contest, McKinney ISD Stadium
• October 25 Celina AWAY
• November 1 Argyle @ Home
• November 8 Sanger AWAY
• November 9 Lone Star Classic Drumline Contest – Flower Mound Marcus HS (percussion only)
• November 14-16 POSSIBLE PLAYOFF GAME – Plan on attending
• November 21-23 POSSIBLE PLAYOFF GAME – Plan on attending
This calendar may not contain every single event that will go on throughout the year. I will be making sure to update you on any changes and/or additions as soon as I am aware.